Saturday, January 31, 2009

It's Time to Plant Onions
















How do I know that it's time to plant onions? Onions from last year are growing. I accidentally turned over some onions while preparing the soil for this year's batch and found extensive roots on last year's onions. Also discovered were a few grub worms (June bug larvae) and some adventurous earthworms.

The garlic that we put in and mulched in the Fall are looking good. Nothing like fresh-squeezed garlic on your food.

Okay, here's a promise...I will not plant tomatoes or squash until after the last frost date on the calendar. I will not plant tomatoes or squash until after the last frost date on the calendar. I will not...

2 comments:

fisherwoman said...

Is that a giant shadow of Punxatawny Phil??

Mike said...

The picture is of someone who is too big...though not as big as any type of hog, even one of the ground variety